Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Travelogue Japan Day 8-KFC

This Sunday there was a forecast for a cloudy somewhat rainy day.  A day that would be good for indoor activities or whatever you would want to do under a roof.  A roof over maybe a mall perhaps.  In the northern area of Osaka, they held a World Expo in 1970.  Now its been developed into Expo City and placed a Lala Port mall on it.



The mall has it all.  A Pokemon gym for starters. 

A Gundam Cafe for the older kids 

The first thing I like to check out at a japanese mall is the food court. 

Apretty large cafeteria with numerous options to choose from and more than ample seating

Mainly japanese food but they do cover chinese and korean just to name a few




Three levels of shops inside complex.  Your usual array of clothing and fashion domnate the floorspace.  A trainstore with a layout for the kiddies


At the top level and in one corner of the building is an arcade with the usual ufo catchers, photo booths, and arcade machines

You may have noticed this odd statue in the first pic.  It was errected for the Expo and its called the Tower of the Sun.  I dont know if its just me but everytime I see it, I think of Evangelion.

It has 3 faces, 2 on the front and 1 on the back.  The cae on top looks toward the future.  The one in the bellys stares at the present.  The last one looks into the past.

It appears they are in the middle of contructing a ferris wheel.  No idea if it will rival any of the ones currently standing around Japan

The KFC restaurant is the main reason for coming here.  Its an all you can eat joint serving dinner and lunch. I came for the lunch at opening and thought I would wait out the line that had already formed.  Later I discovered you have to sign up for one of the few seattings they had for lunch.  I signed up and had to come back approx 2 hours later.  any later and I may have missed it.  Lunch was about 2500yen

I arrived when it was my time.  They called your name and sat you.  The price is good for 70 minutes.  there is a small salad bar, where they offer their coleslaw, and a drink bar.  Alcohol bar is offered as well if you want to indulge

A number of hot items lay before you including shrimp logs, fish nuggets, pasta and sauce

Some starches include some rice dishes, fries, spiral cut fries, and biscuits

And the goodness of a deep fry pressure cooker.  Quarter parts of the chicken are left in the heating oven for you to choose from.  For some reason, I found the chicken to be tougher than what Im used to.

First run:chicken, shrimp log, fish nugget, rice, pasta and tomato saude, cream of corn soup, and a melon soda.

Next run, I got a salad that I topped with coleslaw.  the coleslaw taste the same as at home.  Seconds on the deep fried shirmp log and fish nugget.

Last hot plate of food.  A piece of breast meat chicken(tough) and carbs.  Sprial cut french fry. garlic bread, some rice. and the biscuit is similar to the biscuits you get at a Brazilian restaurant or churasscaria.

Though not really up to the task of dessert, I press on.  six flavors of ice cream including vanilla, chocolate, and my favorite was a slightly sour cherry 

They had some other small cakes that I didnt get to.  but I did get a little cream puff and milk pudding with strawberry syrup

And I finished off the meal with two more milk puddings and lemon jello.  I whole heartedly overindulged and would pay for it the rest of the day.

The restaurant also offered takewawy and provided a few chairs and tables outside the restaurant.  by the look of the prices, the take hodai(all you can eat) seems like a good deal

What?!?!?!  Thats all you did all ways was go to KFC and and eat and nothing else?!?!  Well, yes.  I was too weighed down to do much of anything else.  Though it didnt rain, the weather was not too great for sightseeing.  Heading back to Tokyo tommorrow.