Saturday, March 19, 2016

Travelogue Japan Day 6-USJ, Tsutenkaku, Shinsekai

I had not really had time to rest over the last few days so I took the opportunity to get a little more rest and a slower schedule for today.  Went to McDonalds for lunch and had their shrimp fillet sandwich.  Its a great choice and much tastier than the fish fillet sandwich we get over here.  Its still a swaure patty but filled with shrimp instead of fish



I bought a 2 day pass for USJ.  Although I felt I had seen everything, I wanted to make use of the pass since I bought it.  During the parade, I lined up for the Hollywood Dream ride.  Walked around a bit before leaving much earlier than the day before.

As a repeat of the other day, I would try to get to Tsutenkau and Shinsekai again after USJ.  got off at Tennoji.  Nearby is Abeno Harukas, a shopping and entertainment complex and the highest bulding in Osaka.  An observation deck is available for a price for city wide views..The last time I was here, there was practically nothing around this station.  Now its a completely different story.  If I have time, I may have to give it a good look next time.

Just like yesterday, I stopped off at Nankai Soba to have dinner.  I ordered curry udon this time with a side of beef.

Though quick, it was already dark by the time I got back out on the street.  I walked along the main road to the west to an underpass that took me to Shinsekai.  Shortly emergin from the underpass and a little further west, I end up at this intersection.  Many pictures of the tower and the fugu sign are taken from here.  Though most are taken in the daytime.  There are alot of restaurants in Shinsekai.  The roads around Shinsekai all lead to the base of Tsutenkaku

Tsutenkaku tower



Under the tower and one of the tower's foot.  I found the area to be much quieter than I was expecting.  many of the shops were already closed by 7pm..  The street ahead looks like is already closed for the day

Billiken, the figure in blue neon, is a good luck charm for Osaka.  when out and about, you will see his image and statues all over the place.



Theres even a location of the hotel amongst the restaurants of the area.  Since Im not really feeling much energy here, I head back to location that Im currently housed at