Sunday, March 6, 2016

Travelogue Japan Day 8-Expo City

This is the last leg of the trip in western area.  I head back to Tokyo in the morning.  Im going north into Suita to have KFC for lunch.  Yes I am talking about Kentucky Fried Chicken.  Why go all this way for KFC?  Because this unusal location is a buffet restaurant.  For around 2100 yen incl tax for lunch, you get 80 minutes to pig out.  Slightly higher for dinner.  Located at the Lalaport mall in ExpoCity, it is near this odd statue.  I had seen it before but paid no heed as I had no intention of visiting it.  Now here I am.  Its called the Tower of the Sun.  I always thought to myself that it reminded me of the monsters in Evangelion.

It opens at 11 and you need to sign up for 1 of the 4 seating times for lunch.  I ended up getiing the 3rd roster at 1350.  Aignups for dinner not available until lunch is done.  There is a small salad bar which has their coleslaw.  2 soups including a cream corn.  Drink bar includes soft drinks and hot tea as well as iced/hot coffee.  Starches include mini croissants, biscuits, fries, spiral cut fries, garlic bread, fried rice, and those chewy little rolls you get at a churasscuria.  A few pasta and hot vegetable items.  For the mains, theccy had fish nuggets, fried shrimp logs and their fried chicken.  You can pick from your favorite parts.  Lastly dessert has a choice of 6 ice creams.  Others include mini cream puff, lemon gelatin, coffee gelatin. fruits, and milk pudding.

Suffice it to say, all I could do was somehow waddlw back to the room tolapse into the food coma.  This is where I spent the rest of the day.  I was in no shape to go anywhere.  Was it worrh it?  Not really for me.  I found the chicken a bit tough but the rest of the food was decent quality.    If you love KFC, just get here early.  6 piece will cost you close to 1200 yen