Sunday, March 20, 2016

Travelogue Japan Day 7-America Mura and Namba

In between the hotel and Dotonbori is an area called America Mura.



Its a retail and entertainment area where the foreigners and expats like to hang out.

The heart of the area is centered on this triangle shaped rest area.

A branch of Mandarake for the anime lovers

Across the street, you cant help but notice people walking in to smaller than normal doorway

Upon closer inspection, I guess the door and the name of the establishment is in reference to alice In Wonderland story.

Walking further along to the south and a bit to the west gets you to Namba., 

Another shopping and entertainment area.  The area around the subway station is surround by chotengai

Shops and eateries large and small poplulate these covered shopping streets.

Some of the large shops include Bic Camera and Daiso

The number of people browsing the shops here is more of what I expected when I was in Shinsekai.  Granted today is Saturday and you expect way more poeple on the weekend.

when I was here with a friend several years ago, I recall coming to this restaurant for a meal.  We had the holy trinity of Osaka food: takoyaki yakisoba, and okonomiyaki

Outside the north exit of Namba station.  2 subways lines and a rail line run through it

This is a takeaway dim sum shop that Ive seen at a number of locations.

I have to pass Dotonburi on my way back to the hotel.  As I was here, I had to pick up some sourvenirs from the nearby Dpn Quijote

Kracie Foods makes a number of candy kits that are formed into other foods.  My friend had purchased the sushi version and I picked up a couple of other ones that had not before, to the best of my knowledge.  One of the kits allows you you to make a bowl of candy ramen.  Since I was in Osaka, I picked up a large box of takoyaki Pretz.  i also bought some choclates that my sister had asked for severl years ago.  DJ has great prices and a good source for souvenirs as well.  You can buy food as well but I would stick to the name brand stuff