Thursday, March 3, 2016

Travelogue Japan Day 3-Kirin Shiga

(Pics to be added later)
Heading over to Osaka today on.the Shinkansen.  On the way I will stop off at the Kirin Factory.  They offer free tours of the 2 products produced here: beer and tea.  Since I dont really dink beer, I opted for the latter.  Now it was a surprise to me that it would snow in this part of Japan.  Shortly after Nagoya it was clear I was going to be in for some flurries.  After taking the local Ohmi Railway I got off at Screen station and proceeded the rest of the way on foot.  its really not the far but the wind and snpwfall caught up to me after a a slight lull  Undeterred I psuhed on and finally arrived.  Turns out I was the only person on this tour today.  I felt bad for the guide as she had to struggle to try and translate  By the way photography is not allowed on the tour.  There was a short movie followed by a demonstration of the bottle creation process.  A souvenir of the process is a panda shaped PET bottle.  Glass windows overlook a small portion of the manufacturing process.  The system was halted as pepple worked on rhe machinery.  After the tour you are given several minutes to sample their beers and other beverages.  The beers included regular stout and premium.  A limit of 3 on the beers.  Got back on the bullet train and all the snow was gone in the area just east of Maibara station