Thursday, March 10, 2016

Travelogue Japan Day 12-Walking the Yamanote Line

Continuing this series until I get all the way around.  Today starts at Tokyo station.  I start here today be uase I came to hav ramen at another popular spot amongst ramen street, Ikarugo.  I choose their number one but in a smaller portion.  It similar to the ramen I like at Setagaya with a thick soup.  The noodles were straight but had the chew that Im lookong for.  All in all I would come back for this again.  From here I exit the Yeasu(east) side and head for the outisde of the loop going south.  Its not very far to the next station. Inbetween the 2 stations is the Ginza area.  Some of the most expwnsive rettail real estate in Tokyo.    As I hit Yurakucho station, i go back toward the inside of the loop and come across Hibiya park.  A number of phtographers were waiting to take a picture of something.  For all I know it could be the running of the carp.  I proceed and get to the next station pretty quickly as well.  From Shimbashi you can reach Odaiba on the Yurikamome.  A very quick walk among these 3 stations