Thursday, March 3, 2016

Travelogue Japan Day 5-Universal Studios

Everybody wants to visit Tokyo Disneyland/Disneysea when they come to Japan.  Disney is not my thing.  Instead I went to Univeral Studios in Osaka.  I was hoping fewer people on a Thursday but iguess its all relative and the crow still on the light side.  There is a reservation system for the Harry Potter area when its crowded.  Much later in the day before closing its a free for all.  Went directly to line up for the ride.  Once you get inside I thought it much darker than it neede to be.  I kept bumping into everyone before we got to the ride.  The ride was literally making me nauseas.  I was going to have lunch but had to walk it off first which took an hour.  The restaurant, 3 Broomsticks, featured fish and chips.  When i was ready to eat, I was in the Jaws aeea.  Oddly enough, they dont have fish and chips here but chicken and fries.

Many areas of the park are modeled after Ameircan cities and alot of the food is supposed to reflect what we eat.  There is Saido,the lone japaneae place.  San Francisco, New York and of course Hollywood are on display in a way where you would only learn about these places is from postcards.

Three coasters but one was down.  Aside from Harry Potter they have a number of virtual rides like Evangelion and Spiderman.  During the day, there was a parade.  This is the 15th anniversary for USJ.As cheesy as it seemed, the kids and some people were rally into it.  Speaking of people, some were dressed in costume or dressed very much alike.  The Minions were widley copied with Hp on a close second.  I even saw a Mario and Luigi

Afterwards I would get down to the Teenoji area.  The aea has been developed quite heavoly since my last visit.  Tjjs stand up soba place was at the right placeat the right time.  I ordered the soba with squid tempura.  My plan qas to get to Tsutenkaku.  But aftr stepping out ontk the street and seeing how far it was, i went back to eh soba place, had curry soba tjean went to th room to call it a day