Monday, March 14, 2016

Travelogue Japan Day 1-Akihabara Redux

There are certain areas around Tokyo that I always stop by when Im in town.  One of those is Akihabara.  since Im here, I thought Id get some curry at Co Co Ichibanya   I like their curry better than Go Go curry but I will go their in a pinch if Co Co is not around but I have found more Co Co than Go Go.  However, there is a Go Go near the Toyoko Inn



To make the meal healthy?....healthier?..a little better for me, I added the chicken karagae salad.  they give you a selection of 3 dressings and the salad is mainly cabbase but theres some iceberg lettuce as well.

According to their english menu, this is curry with short rib.  This was not short rib.  It was more like flank

A stroll around Yodobashi's toy floor is always in order to see what the latest toys and games the japanese are playing with.

Star Wars The Force Awakens has been released in many countries around the world.  Japan has must as much love for the beloved series as Americans do.  On display is a number of related items including remote control BB8 robots that work exactly the the droid in the movie

There is a figure manufacturer who combined some of the costumed characters and imbued them with the look of ancient armor like those of the samurai.  I think they look pretty awesome but too much sticker shock for my taste.


Outside the otakus and tourists mix about on the streets outside the renovated Radio Kaiakn

Whats a look at Akihabara wihtout a shot of Chuo dori

Something smelled new in the area.  At the corner of the Don Quihote, the smell of charcoal fills the air.  On occasion grilled meat mingles with the charcoal as people order freshly grilled meat on a stick.  You get a choice of wagyu beef, beef tongue, pork, and regular beef.  I was tempted.