Sunday, March 27, 2016

Travelogue Japan Day 12-Walking The Yamanote Line

Restarting this old series since I have neglected in many years.  Much of the southern portion is covered but not complete.  This addition will not complete it either.  Starting point is Tokyo Station after I get something to eat.. 


 Another popular spot amongst ramen street, Ikarugo.  

I choose their number one but in a smaller portion.  

It similar to the ramen I like at Setagaya with a thick soup.  The noodles were straight but had the chew that Im looking for.  All in all I would come back for this again. 

Ready to start the walk as soon as i exit the station via the Yeasu(east) side.  I will be heading south towards Yurakcho along the outside of the loop

A look at some of the buildings in the area.  On the opposite of the station and this exit is the Imperial Palace a few blocks away


It is a reather short walk to the next station.

Te usual interval for trains in between these 2 and most other stations on the line is 2 minutes.  The longer distances take 4 minutes


A storefront with a statue of a samurai" and soft serve.

Not quite right off the tracks, but this iconic intersection is representative of the Ginza dsitrict.  this is just a few blocks from Yurakcho 

This is new.  A pictorial history of the intersection on a wall that seperates pedestrians from construction


Some high value real estate being occupied by the likes of Luis Vuitton, Cartier, etc.

A fancy confectionary with sakura themed products just ahead of the cherry blossom season in a few weeks.  This marks the return toward the station.

 Once I am back, I transition to the inside of the loop


Completely unexplored territory in my experience.  Hibiya Park catches my eye so I wonder over


At opposite corners of the park are small ponds.  I encounter the one located at the northeast corner.  

I dont know whats going on.  A rahter cool gray day and a number of people are lined up wiating to take a picture.  A picture of what I dont know.   I decide not to hang around to find out but continue the walk.

A stage for events and plenty of space to lay out chairs for spectators.

The office buildings toward the southern end of the park just before I exit back to the street

A few short blocks later, I look back toward the outside and begin to see the hints of Shimbashi station


Eventually Im back at the station and head over to the Yurikamome to hop over to Odaiba.