Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Travelogue Japan Day 1-Akihabara

(Pics to be added later)
After getting my JR Pass in order, I wanted to start my sunny crisp Sunday with a bit of curry at Coco Ichiban.  I lack vegetables in my diet, especially when I travel.  First course is a salad with chicken karaage and some miso dressing.  I really like their karaage but I like this salad more when they offered it with fried shrimp.  The are deep fried to perfections like the chicken nd very juicy with a nice crunch.

I oredered the normal level of spicey but I think it kept me warm well into the nigh.  Now we check out the new toys at Yodobashi.  I havent had the ned to buy electonics in Japan and the awe and wonder at japanese tech is not as big as it used to be.  Being a fan of Star Wars, I wanted to see what was on offer.  The usual figures and toys can be foud next 2 rc versions ofBB8.  One comes with a remote control and the other uses your smart hpone and tablet.  Each has a head that move independent of the body

Video games are big here so the netrance to the gaming section has to be just as impressive

Wondering around the streets I come to Kotobukiya to see their Star Wars goods.  Have to admit that ive been more impressed with their previous SW stuff like thei chopsticks and ice cube ctrays.  Nowadays, not so much but then I dont collect figures