Saturday, March 19, 2016

Travelogue Japan Day 5-Universal Studios Japan Part 3

USJ celebrates its 15th anniversary in 2016 as its theme for its parade.


A number of floats make their way around the park spreading fun and cheer and a hail of confetti

Aint no party like a foam party

All the characters participate in the procession

Because of the circular path, you could race ahead of the parade and review your favorite part or any part you may have missed.


The energy level dies down once the parade has completed its run.  The lines grow as people go back to the rides like the Hollywood Dream.  The large pond was not scheduled for any use when I was in the park.  Im not sure if its used for anything else during the year.

Clean up crews patrolled the entire park picking up the confetti.  Alot of the small children reveled in the larger piles as if the confetti was snow.

Licensed items for sale throughout the park.  The Attack on Titan hooded capes  were a big seller.

There was a Monster Junter display with some life sized figures

2 animatronic monsters were in an adjacent room.  Every couple of minutes, each monster comes to life

The dragon breathes fire

Wonderland was intended for the small chldren as the inhabitants consisted of Hello Kitty, Sesame Street, and Peanuts.  The cafe had a number of character themed meals.  Not sure about adult sized meals for their parents


Does this make Snoopy's butt look big?

An overstimulation of pink announces the Hello Kitty portion.


Toward the back, Sesame Street takes over.  The SS characters are recognizable but the japanese take them one step further and reduce them to simple shapes and colors.

Dusk is about to set when I saw the Harry Potter world being opened up to all park guests


A small dark pond borders Hogsmead and Hogwarys

I thought about having dinner at 3 Broomsticks but I was already too late for the last order.

The neon was trun on at Mel's

Unsure if the replica cars actually worked but made popular selfie subjects.

The menu reflecting what is presumed to be typical american fare

The sun goes down and the lights come up.  




In New York, the Spiderman symbol was being flashed along the buildings that border the 4D ride.  Since it was still open and the line short, I went in.  The ride was less nauseating so definitely more enjoyable.  I was able to put myself into the ride and get a better experience with the 3D portion of it

Shortly before the USJ closes and they start kicking people out with subtle reminders, I make my way to the exit.

I entertained thoughs of having dinner in Citywalk until I found out that everyone else had the same idea as I did.  So, I passed on this and headed for Tennoji station to make a visit to Tsutenkaku and Shinsekai

I make it as far as Tennji and exited.  I would have to walk the rest of the way.  On my way, this soba shop smelled and looked very enticing.

The ticket machine was in japanese but printed menus were in english to help you figure out what to choose.

I had the basic soba with squid tempura.  At this stand up soba shop, the people behind the counter warmed up the tempura, opened a bag of noodes, boiled it for a few seconds in hot water before placing the strainer over a vacuum to dry the noodles,  place the noodles in a bowl, throw on some green onion, then dispense some hot broth over everything.  This is repeated for alot of the udon options as well

After stepping onto the street and seeing how far I would need to walk, I walked back to the soba shop, ordered curry soba, then called it a night