Monday, March 7, 2016

Travelogue Japan Day 9-Tokyo Ikebukuro Akihabara

Yesterday I sent my luggage ahead to Tokyo.  Its a gpod thing I did.  I got caught in mash of people known as the morning commute.  I had no plans for the day and I was up early so I left early.  Opted for the straight shot to Shin Osaka on the Midosuji instrad of the Yotsubashi the transfer ar Osaka.  5 stops of body on body direct contact wirh no room to mobe my arms.  Went straight to the terminus at Tokyo.  2 Reasons:lunch and Kit Kat.  Had tsukemen at Rokurinsha.After Iwasdone, they added stock to make the remaining dipping sauce drinkable.  Nearby was my go to place for Kit Kats.  They had rhe nihonshu(sake) flavor when I was here a few days ago.  During mtime away, they stopped selling them.  I could not find them anywhere.  Fortunately I bought one to taste last Sinday.  All I tasted was white choclate.  Their claims were overhyped to not give these to kids due to the powdered alcohol inside.


Went to walk around Ikebukuro for a bit.  Im around Sunshine dori if Im here.  Theres reztaurants, shopping, entertainment, arcade, and bowling alley.  A number of animeshops are located near the Sunshine 60 complex.  I dont see this as much as before but these places sell oversized takoyaki.  Softball sized as opposed to golfball.  I mistalenly ordered one with alot of mayo.  Never again.

Decided to have ramen for dinner.  Stopped by this place under the tracks at Akiba.  A place we found when we used to stay sround their.  Had chasiu misoramen and shrimp gyoza.  I love this garlic chili condiment they have on the counter.  Afterwards, walked around for a while