Monday, March 8, 2010

Worst trip ever

I want to relate to you about the worst things that ever happened to me on a trip I took to the Grand Canyon. The trip started off with a flight to Las Vegas and proceeds to a long drive to the Grand Canyon the next day. As I was checking into my room that afternoon and ominous portend was staring me in the face. A guest was being wheeled out in a stretcher to an awaiting ambulance outside. The poor soul had been vomiting and had been having other ailments.

Along with the medical emergency, it had begun to snow. Granted it was in Oct/Nov, I had not ever imagined snow in the area. That nights sleep was very fitful. As soon as I dozed off, I would awaken again for no reason. Hour after hour this would keep me up all night.

The following day, there was not a whole lot to do since I had canceled a tour due to the snow and cold. Later that day, had pizza at a local restaurant. Worst pizza I have ever had. I would have preferred the frozen ones from the supermarket had I know it was going to be that bad. Anyway, that night, it was all periods of short sleep and periods of consciousness. This was only broken up by 2 bouts of vomitting. After calling 911, I was rushed to the hospital at 4 am in the morning. Being 2 hours away, I had to be transferred to another ambulance half way through the trip.

The signs were there but I was just too blind to see them. I need to be more observant