Friday, March 19, 2010

Travelogue-Seoul Day 5 Han River

Instead of taking the subway to Jamsil, why not take a more scenic route on the Han. It'll takae about 70 minutes to get to our destination

There are quite a number of bridges that cross the river. One bridge is not very high, not high enough for commerical traffic. Its a double decker bridge with a raised middle area for the ferries

The Olympic Stadium was built for the 1988 Summer Olympics. One word of warning. Do not get off at Jamsil, take the roundtrip cruise. Maybe its just me, but I could not find any public transportation out of there. No buses or subway stations. I saw taxis go by but they were already taken
I had to walk to the south towards the stadium to an undercrossing to get across the highway that runs along the river. Then I walked away from the river hoping to find the subway entrance.