Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Travelogue-Seoul Day 3 Namdaemun

As I started out later in the day toward Namdaemun, the weather had gotten much colder, prompting a trip for extra insulation. Even before I got on the bus, a light snowfall had begun. It was hard not to notice it by the time I reached Namdaemun. This is another in a long line of shopping district in this city. This happens to cater to more cost conscious shoppers

Vendors were scrambling to cover their wares to prevent the snow from doing any damage

This alley had restaurants who've decided to put their whole menus on display at the storefront. Worked for me!
Dinner started with pajeon made with octopus tentacles
The main draw was the soup made with a chicken that was stuffed with rice. This was enough to keep the chill of as I made my way back to the Dongdaemun area