Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Travelogue-Tokyo Day 4 Tokyo Station

Cold and wet, I sought shelter in some indoor place that I could walk around in comfort. With little left on my Suica card, Tokyo Station was within range. I stumbled upon Grand Sta, a basement level beneath the main level where people enter and exit the station. The main level already has plenty of shops. This level was devoted to food. It never fails to surprise me how much capacity this city has for retail. In this section, desserts are the primary draw.
Macarons of different flavors and colors span the spectrum as they are backlit. The displays of these cookies always make my mouth water ever since I had my first not too long ago in Paris

You cant have dessert with the main meal. This area takes care of that need. A deli section that has all the makings for a nice bento or pickj up one thats premade. Anything you may be in the mood for, they can accomodate.

Up for something grilled and skwered? Take your pick

I had not seen these in any other place that sells Tokyo Tamago. It looks like pudding in an egg shaped container with a dollop if black sesame at the bottom. Will have to give this a try