Sunday, March 21, 2010

Travelogue-Tokyo Day 1 Walking The Yamanote Line

After my little shopping stint, it was time to resume my little walking project. I went to Gotanda station where I had left off last year. The road and the rails began tol diverge and I chose to take the inner course. I was hoping to be in sight of the tracks not too long after. My destination would be Shinagawa with Osaki station in between. As I walked, I could no longer see the tracks but was confident that In would run into them at some point. I saw a sign that directed me to Osaki so I followed. In the distance, I could hear the clickety-clack of a train and thought I was close. I began to see the tracks and came upon the scene below. As I got near, I began to realize the brown building on the left was my hotel. Somehow, I missed Osaki and arrived at Shinagawa in no time. This only leaves Shinagawa to Akihabara to complete the southern route

So, I bought dinner at the nearby department store that sells food in the basement. I brought it back to the room, turned on the tv and started flipping through the channels. I came across a food eating contast that I had seen before in previous years. One word of caution, do not eat while watching this kind of show. As I was having dinner, I found myself putting food in myn mouth even though I was already full. Subconsciously, I was competing with the contestants on the show, ugh! In this part they were eating a dessert of red beans with mochi. This poor girl lost after downing only 34 bowls. The winner ate 49 bowls, 7.43 kg, in 45 minutes.