Sunday, March 21, 2010

Travelogue-Tokyo Day 1 Shopping

When I came in yesterday, there was quite a bit of turbulence when we landed. I didnt think much of it as there was no trace of it the rest of the day. However, the winds were whipping it up big time last night. Several times acroos the span of the night, you know mother nature was doing something. On the news the this morning, things were knocked over and train and air service were intrerrupted due to the natural force.

As I started my day today, once again the winds went into hiding and it was a another splendid beginning to another splendid day. I opted to start my souvenir shopping early. First stop is Akihabara which looks the same as it ever did except there have been a few store closings and a few other s opened.

Stopped to have a snack of takoyaki. I love it with a load of green onions on top of it. Occasionally, the bonito shavings are nice but tend to make things a bit gooey

After going through Yodobashi, I picked up a few things but was dissappointed not to find everything I was looking for. With a shortfall in hand, lunch at the local ramen shop was about nigh. Instead of the usual miso, I had the tonkotsu ramen.

For some of the other items, I would need to look for them at Tokyu Hands. A bitter failure at the Shinjuku location. The only had one item I was looking for but did not have the other thing I was really hoping they would have. After looking around and seeing not much has changed, I proceeded to the next Tokyu Hands location in Shibuya.

I didnt think much had differed here since my last visit. But, I did find better luck with my shopping. I grabbed a few things but was still bereft of the one thing that I was really wishing to purchase. For that last item, I may have to go back and look around Akihabara