Friday, March 19, 2010

Travelogue-Seoul Day 5 Dinner

I was in Itaewon earlier in the week. I looked around and nothing really seemed to catch my eye. It was just more shopping in this most international of areas. I wanted barbecue tonight and let my choice lay in the pages of my guidebook. One place it reccommended was Itaewon Galbi

First up are the banchan, side dishes. I lliked the eggplant in the bottom right. A bit thrown off by the potato salad made with kabocha in the top left. And, didn't expect the cabbage salad bottom center

I ordered a smaller portion of marinated kalbi. I was disappointed to see how much smaller it really was. The flavor was good but the meat was chewier and a bit tougher than I had expected

In addition, I ordered bibimbap which was very good. The stone bowl provided burnt rice each time I stirred the contents. The heat rentention was so good that I kept burning my forearms well after the meal was over. Now, know how Quai Chang Caine must've felt

What better way to finish off a trip to Seoul than with a bit of shikhye