Monday, March 29, 2010

Whats worse than Monday?

Going back to work on Monday with jetlag. Unfortunately, I am still suffering from some jetlag from my trip and its carried over to today. I was hoping the extra days I had allocated to being at home would rectify it. But, it seems, as I get older, I am less resilient and it takes longer for me to recover. Because of that, I had not posted anything after I returned.

Whenever I made these trips to Asia, I would wake up at 4am, local for the area that Im in. It used to only take 2 days before I could sleep in until 6 am and only a few more before I would begin to get up at 9am or later. On this trip, it took a week before I would get up at 6am. I never woke up any later than that for the rest of the trip. Now that I am home, Im finding it hard to sleep until 4am. This wreaks havoc when I have to get up by 7am. It will be a slow adjust period over the next few days to get back into my usual routine. This almost makes me dread the next trip I have planned for 2011 to Hokkaido.