Sunday, March 14, 2010

Travelogue-Seoul Day 1 Costco

Thanks to my sense of misdirection, I went in a figure 8 pattern before I found the Yangpyung branch of Costco. I had read some instructions online that were somewhat misleading. The easiest thing to do is take exit 3 from Yeoungdeoungpo Gu Office station. Do a 180 and make a right at the first street and follow it down. You can't miss it
They had alot of the usual American stuff, Korean version of regular stuff, but I could not find any kimchi. Maybe I missed it. In the meat section, they offered domestic and imported beef. To which they were kind enough to provide samples. They also had a shrimp pizza, take and bake,for around $12

I dont think Ive seen this done back home. She was providing samples of what looked like a dessert wine. Forgot to see if they stocked soju or makkeolli
Fairly standard menu for the food court. The ones in Tokyo also had chowder. After trying all the beef earlier, I had to get the Bulgogi Bake. It was beefy, cheesy baked goodness, but it could have been better with some grilled vegetables

I hear the pizza is about the same as back home