Friday, March 31, 2017

Travelogue Bangkok-Day 5 Paragon Food Hall

This was the first mall I went to when I first arrived but I had not eaten at yet


They operate just like MBK and Terminal 21.  A prepaid card must be purchased with a balance.  Are all the mall food courts like this in Bangkok?

I will compare these 2 food courts.  Paragon lays out the stalls in a straight line of different foods where Terminal has a cluster of stalls

Both have good selections with a majority of foods being local cuisine 

Paragon is an upscale mall and the prices reflect that.  The prices I compared were doubled for similar items


I had to test the quality to see if the prices are worth it.  This roast duck with noodles did taste a little better than the other one with sesame noodles.  Terminal prepped alot of things ahead of time like the noodles.  Paragon warmed the noodles and served up the duck with sauce

I couldnt really pick a winner on the papaya salad.  Maybe someone with a more discerning tongue can compare the two.  Overall impressions for Terminal was volume and effeciency due to the large numbers to be served.  Paragon, didnt have as big a crowd and seating was much easier to find.

Its Friday night but Im done for the day and head back.  Siam station is busy tonight.  Its busy every night.  Its the transfer point between the 2 BTS lines.  I ahdnt riden the subways that much but they were also quite full during the times I used it.