Sunday, April 2, 2017

Travelogue Bangkok-Last Day

There was a crazy storm that moved in this early morning.  Alot of rain and thunder bolts and lightening, very very frightening.  It woke me up around 3am when I was hoping to get some sleep since Im flying out later tonight.  The bright side to the rain brought more mild temps when morning broke.  Did a bit of researh on another item people like to buy when in town.  Most would reccommend Jim Thompson, the godfather of Thai silk in these parts.  Great quality but you will pay mightily.  An alternative place is Queen Thai Silk.  They sell quality items at a reasonable price.



A selection of osme of the Thai silks they offer that you can purchase as is or have tailored into an item of clothing. This place was down a soi off Sukhumvit that was near the hotel.  Its before you even get to Asok BTS

The weather was still comfortable and I wanted to go back to MBK to get some souvenirs.  There was a row of tents pitched near some tracks close to Ploen Chit BTS.  It was a row of street food vendors as I had suspected.  I didnt think it was that early but many of the places were closed.

They had tables and chairs but the place had the feel of a homeless encampment.  Im sure this place would come to life later tonight but Iwould have thought Saturday afternoon would also be optimal

Well the climate failed me as the temps and humidty began to rise.  I was only able to make to Central World before I called it quits and decided on lunch.  What do Iwant for lunch and what was my criteria?  At this point, it was, "Do they have AC?"  As much as I would like to enjoy street food outside it became agonizing because of the climate.  Plus, too many places were right next to the choking traffic spewing choking exhaust

Not being too picky, I landed at this chaing joint and pointed to the special they were advertising.  AC and simple choices, what more could you want.  The meal came with bacon and ham pasta with a cream sauce.  Pineapple iced tea was also advertised

Grilled chicken steak with a kurobuta pork sausage and a few fries.  All in all satisfying

I never made it to MBK even by BTS.  I hightaled it back to the hotel to get my things and went to the air conditioned airport quite early for my flight to Tokyo