Monday, March 27, 2017

Travelogue Bangkok-Day 1 Midday

A few stops down from Nana is the transfer point between the 2 Sky train lines.  Connected to the station is one of the larger shopping malls, Siam Paragon


Its an entertainment, dining, and shopping complex with a cinema, several eateries amongst several floors and retail shops


To the east is another shopping complex, Central World.  I didnt really look in as I was on my way to Klong saen seap

Head north at the first major street that borders CW.   You will see a bridge over the klong where there are stops for the canal boat

Fares are as little as 10 baht up to 20 baht.  An inexpensive way to get a view of some different sights and the breeze definitely helped to combat the humidity of the day

The boats really rock whenn they pass each other at speed.  As thrilling as the ride can be, be sure to to ingest any of the dirty water.  Foul stench rise from the chop of the waters as well



I did a roundtrip to/from Pratinum on the canal boat.  It had taken a little longer than expected because I missed my stop and did not realize it until much later.  It was lunch time when I returned and head back toward Sukhumvit

Hot noodle soup is not my ideal food for this kind of climate but this place seemed to have a good number of customers.  It was good and only 40 baht.  A price you will see at many street food stalls

Not totally satisfied just yet, I went to the Food Expo at CW.  a gathering of street food vendors and others hawking their products.

The holy trinity:pork, beef, and chicken.  The sign said the beef was ribeye.  I had my doubts as all the street food places I have ever been to always serve up tough beef.

The pork and chicken were decent enough with their sweet bbq sauce.  Disappointed once again, the beef was certifiably not ribeye.

Before I left, I got some coconut water to give me some energy for the rest of the day