Friday, March 31, 2017

Travelogue Bangkok Day 5-The Grand Palace(really)

The rains came down pretty heavily during breakfast.  It caused a spike in humidity just like a few days ago.  When I tried to document the downpour, the lens kept fogging up.  


This is a second attempt at visiting this site.  Due to over extending myself in a climate that was not to my liking, I was totally drained despite drinking alot of water 

It was still hot and humid today but I gave myself the luxury of a late start to help cope with it.  Entry fee is 500 baht.  That is not a typo.

This reminds me of the movie Big Trouble in LIttle China near the end during the wedding scene when the guards, dressed like the statue below, fight against the good guys

Around the many buildings, there are statues of animals where some are recognizable while others are more stylized and beyond description

A miniature of Anglor Wat in Cambodia



There is a building that let visitors enter.  Its a temple or shrine of some type.  Aside from the dress code, you have to remove your shoes and hats before entering.  And, no pictures or videos can be taken.

There were a few people praying and silence was requested.  Thai nationals gain free entry.  No disrespect but after a while, all I could smell was feet, everybody's feet

From the outside, I zoomed in as much as possible but still was not able to get a good picture of the interior due to being at a lower level outside.  Had I known about the no video/picture rule before entering, I would have taken the picture just outside the door 

Theres one last buildling you get to pass on your way out but not allowwed to enter