Monday, March 27, 2017

Travelogue Bangkok-Day 1 Late afternoon

Theres a mall that caters to the japanese.  Its Gateway and its at a station that sounds japanese, Ekkamai.  There is a japanese word, ekimai.


Aside from the mulitlevels of the mall itself, there were some stalls around the outside near the station

Several floors of housewares and electronics and toys from Japan.  I was looking for a Daiso and they have that too.


The main floor thats connected to the station has a number of restaurants and a few kiosks selling japanese goods

As mentioned, the stalls outside were nice although the walking area between them is very cramped.  One person stops to buy something and its utter gridlock.  And, they dont have any tables/chairs outside to sit on.  I guess you could take them into the food court tables/chairs?

I read somewhere there was a good noodle place at Victory Monument.  I headed there via Skytrain

As I walked around, I only saw 1 noodle/rice place.  So this was a bust and went back to the station.  This circular drive is a very very busy place.  You can see the busses clearly but there were a number of vans people were lining up for.  They ran on the lanes just beyond the multilanes below.  Traffic was like this on many of the main streets.  There are alot of overhead walkways to ease congestion but they are not always readily available and you may have to walk back a ways

Anyway, my feet were sstarting to hurt and the lack of sleep and jet lag are catching up.  I saw this lady selling pad thai noodles when I left earlier in the day.  I thought Id give it a try

For 40 baht, I thought it was pretty good.  The limes and a nice tang to it.  Seemed like she put alot of sugar but it didnt taste of it.