Friday, March 31, 2017

Travelogue Bangkok-Day 5 Wat. What? Which Wat?

I had to decide whether to go to Wat Pho with a reclining Buddha or Wat Arun, the Temple of Dawn.  Since so many people have spoken so I highly of Arun, I chose to go there.  Pho is the next block over while Arun is across the river.


Iheaded back to the pier and wanted to get something for a late lunch.  One of the main criteria in picking place involved whether or not they had AC.  I went to a chain place called Zabb.  The chrysanthemum tea was cold and soothing against my skin.  The spring rolls and griled chicken were good enough but their dipping spices were a bit spicey.  Total cost came out to 222 baht

Entry fee is 50 baht.  Thats not a typo.  The main spire is under contsruction and the climbing height was limited

Either the grounds were pretty small or I was too impatient but I spent only a few minutes.   I was able to get the next boat without missing a beat


The steps are very steep which makes coming down as treacherous as going up.  One flight is all thats available to visitors

Also, because of contruction, you cant go any further up and you cant go the full path around.  Halfway around and thats it.  A view to the Chao Phraya River


They say the temple has a nice view when set agains the setting sun.  Ironic since its the temple of the dawn.  All in all, I found this to be disappointing.