Sunday, March 26, 2017

Travelogue Bangkok-Outbound

I’m waiting at the Hong Kong airport for my 2130 flight on Cathay Pacific to Bangkok.  I should be arriving around 2300.  This would not be a significant message were it not for the little things that occurred along the way.  Read on for the long story.


Originally booked back in December, I arranged a 1 hour layover at Hong Kong.  The quick layover did presents one misgivings to mind but I thought it was going to just be late luggage.  A few days before my flight and I looked up the itinerary on the United app.  For some reason, it listed the connecting flight first.  More worrisome when I could not check on via the app.  Same was true when I tried using the self checking kiosk.  Went to the counter to have everything done manually.  The agent had a puzzled look on her face as she asked whether I booked all legs altogether.  I replied that I had.  She checked my baggage through to BKK but I would have to check in for my seat assignment.
At the gate, things seemed a bit festive.  Apparently, it was the maiden voyage of this new Boeing 737-300.  Outfitted with the new Polaris business class, cake and water was on hand for the celebration.  Being in economy, we were not afforded anything special.  At least from what I experienced.  The arrangements were a bit nicer with a decent lcd screen, USB charging port, and  international power port
Arrived in HK and proceed to the counter.  There were several other passengers who were on my flight who had boarding passes.  Not long after, an attendant asked for any passengers booked for the Bangkok flight.  Due to a full flight, we could not be given seats. They offered seats on the flight leaving1.5 hours later and an upgrade to business class for the 3 hrs flight.  Now I still have to wait and see if my luggage gets routed correctly.
In the short amount of time between the time I started this post to now the gate has changed

Pics to be added later as I am too tired.