Monday, March 27, 2017

Travelogue Bangkok-Day 1 Morning

Last night I fell asleep to this.  Expecting the same weather the next.



However, I found that it had rained during the night.  Some rain fell for some of the morning.  Because of this, I decided to walk around the area of the hotel

Before that, I needed some breakfast.  My reservation included the free buffet until 1030 am.

There was a nice selection of items ranging from hot foods to breakfast staples to dinner entrees and fruits/vegetables.  Fruit salad in its own juices, pineapple juice and potato soup above the plate.  On the plate was beef stroganoff, some pasta, grilled tomato, garlic bread, grilled potato and a sausage.  I got some more dfor round two but I wont bore you with the details

The hotel is located on Soi 8 south of the BTS.  This part of the street is pretty short and contained a number of restaurants as well as 2 7-11

Apparently, the mourning period for the king was still in place.  Many pictures/images of him are found throughout Bangkok

One street over from Soi 8 is one of the well known nightlife areas

Timid looking now as its being cleaned.  But, packed into this condensed space are a number of bars where girls ply there wares.  Bangkok is well known for its sex trade and these bars are a meeting place to make negotiations.

By this time, the rain abided but I still journeyed out with an umbrella provided by the hotel.