Friday, June 8, 2018

I can take a hint...

On my way to Japan.  Due to the high cost of taking a direct flight I booked a flight to LAX before departing abroad the next day.  I made sure to arrive at the airport at appropriate time.  Unfortunately I can't say the same for the airline.  Original estimate was a 3 hour delay.  Later it was reduced to 1.5 hours.  Luckily I don't have connecting flight to catch.  This itenarary was built utilizing 2 different airlines.

The previous time I booked a similar schedule that took advantage of a red eye out of LAX.  I was hoping to find some sleep on the flight but it eluded me as with every other flight.  This trip was booked all on the same airlines.  On that occasion the flight was delayed as well.  After the flight landed I ran to the international terminal to get to the gate as they began boarding.  A sinking feeling was gnawing at me during the flight.  I was to discover that although I made the flight, my luggage did not.  It found its way to me a day later.

So this time I had a cushion of several hours but it's taught me to avoid these issues and take the direct flight when possible.

Thanks a lot airline industry.

Update:The delay has gone back to 3 hrs. Damn it!

Update: 1.5 hrs into the delay and an announcement informs us that neither the 203 nor 2240 flight for LAX has even taken to the air for SFO yet.  Looks like the later flight may get to LA first.  To think i paid more to get on the earlier flight.  DAMN IT!

UPDATE: 3.5 hr delay and land at 0130 in the morning. At the room by 0200.  Will need to get up and out by 0730