Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Travelogue Japan-Day 7 Cup Noodle Museum And Kamakura

When mentioned, a few in our party were glad to hear about the museum in Yokohama.  There were all sorts of problems with the trains today.  It took a little while longer to get down to the museum.  It wasnt very crowded so we got into making our cup noodle pretty quickly.


The first exhibit is a room where the walls are lined with the history of instaant ramen noodles from the packaged kind to the cup noode


Some of the soup bases available for your custom cup shown below:seafood, curry, chili tomato, and regular


At the appropriate time, pay for your cup, sanitize your hands and proceed to a table to begin decorating.  A temporary lid is provided to keepforeign matter out whist you make your cup pretty


You proceed to fill your cup with a brick of noodles.  With all the people in line, there was only 1 person back there keeping the noodles flowing to all the people


A choice from 4 soups and a quartet of toppings.  I cant read japanese but some have pictures to help you figure it out


Dont know why I choose what I choose but I started with chili tomate.  Eggs and shrimp were next.  Sounds ok for now.  Pork, yeah sure.  Lastly cheese rounds out this tasty concotion.  It is reccommended that you eat this in 1 month.  Either I didnt hear that reccomendation or chose to subconsciously ignore it.  Its been several years since I made my first


Theres a food court area where they server noodles from around the world including a custom bowl to match what you just made.  The bowls and prices are small so your sampling can be varied.  Malaysia, Korea, Italy, Vietnam are a few nations represented.  A bowl is 300yen and the instant noodle can be had for even cheaper.  As with My Cup Noodle, you choose the base and 4 toppings.  I had 1 bowl and was not feeling another


I went across the street to World Porters to the food court.  The shop shown above looked like it would satisfy me.  It did not disappoint.  Potato and yogurt sauce top the layers of roast beef that covers a mound of rice.  A rich onion gravy then covers it all.  I would have been good with just the rice and onion gravy.  All this while the kids rode the coaster at Cosmo World.


On to Kamakura as rememberances of sembei were many but the shops few.  From the station, we followed the crowds up the main shopping street.  We found the rice cracker shop but it was the only one we found on this street.  After a few snacks here and there, we returned to Tokyo since it was their last full day before leaving early tommorrow for elsewhere


Picked up that final item in Ginza.  Dinner was at a beer hall nearby.  The food wasnt totally japanese but we didnt care cause it looked good.  I ordered much more than I could eat but it looked good and it tasted good.  I ran out of meat sauce and left the naked pasta.  Uncovered the rice under the omlette.  Few fries were eaten but the steak was devoured.


I picked up my luggage and departed from my friends.  They made it safely to the airport without getting lost.  The rest of this trip will be all me as in years past.