Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Travelogue Japan-Day 10 Mt Fuji Part 2

Lunch was a local favorite as hotto.  It was described as flat udon.   It was a flat wide noodle with vegetables in a miso broth.  It was a warming dish served on a day like this.  Karaage accompanied the meal but was not as crunchy as I would have liked it.  Tasted ok



Next stop was a ropeway at Lake Kawaguchiko.  The higher elevations still socked in by the low clouds


The cloud deck prevented seeing any thing in the upper elevations but still was able to get a full view of the lake

Do you see Fuji?  I could be looking at it or it could be elsewhere.  There was no indication as to  where one should look


Now we get to the peach part.  A few minutes drive gets us to this farm where they grow peaches and grapes


Some of their premium packed peaches for sale


Under the awning of grape vines, peaches were placed on dishes with plastic knives accompanying them


I sat down to take a large bite into my first one.  The juice exploded all over my face and ran down my mouth and throat.  I ate the skin and all at first.  Succeeding peaches had some of their peel taken off to further enhance the enjoyment.  In al I went through 5 peaches in 30 minutes


I walked around the farm after eating to see what they were growing.  It looks like these grapes may be ready to go.   Out of respect, I did not pick nor eat one.  When we drove out of the area, grape vines were trellised in the most unlikly of places.  A covering of grapes and vines hung over gas stations and conbinis


Finally found the peach trees on the property.  These also looked ready to go


Due to the bad weather, we were not allowed to pick our own peaches.  So, we were given 2 that were pre picked.  This was a shame because I think I could have selected better looking fruit than the ones they gave us.  They were frim and not quite as ripe as those eaten.  Since I can bring them home, they would have been devoured in one days time


The last location before heading back to Tokyo was a winery for tastings and shopping.  They also had a peach wine and grape juice for the little ones


That brings an end to this trip.  Videoes will follow as they will needed to be edited and reduced in size