Sunday, June 24, 2018

Travelogue Japan-Departure

I fly home today feeling like I had just begun this trip not very long ago.  My flight leaves Haneda around 1625.  This morning, I caught up on all the blog posts for this trip.  This left very little time to do anything except have lunch and get to the airport.  I was in the mood to have a hamburger steak.  There are a number of places to go.  Family style restaurants are places that are sure to have this item.  Royal Host and Denny's come to mind but I choose Jonathons.  There was one not to far from Yurakcho station.  I had the mix grill with sausage and chicken.  I always opt for the rice instead of bread.  The drink bar option gave me access to a number of beverages.  This was filling but mostly it was a satisfying cap to the trip


Since I normally stay in the Shinagawa area, I would hop on the Keikyu line for the airport.  I could have done the same but went with the airport monorail out of Hamammatsucho.  If your lucky, you can take the express to Haneda with no stops in between


The rail passes over alot of waterways as it hugs the shores of Tokyo Bay


As it begins to pass by the Shinagawa area, you can see Rainbow Bridge and Odaiba across the bay


Haneda comes up in the distance.  The monorail stops at the international terminal first before going to the domestic terminals


The opposite view from the airplane seeing the monorail pull into the international terminal


I was hoping to get some shots of the city as we fly east.  The clouds put a damper on that but there was a stunning view of Mt Fuji peering over the clouds


This was the view that I missed from the 5th station the day before