Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Travelogue Japan-Day 4 All Quiet On The Western Front

This morning we leave Osaka in the rear view mirror and flow back to the east towards Hakone.  We stayed in an area very close to America Mura.  I like this location as Dotonburi is within walking distance and the subway exit is only a block away.



I was prompted to try the fluffy souffle pancakes in Japan.  Tall light and airy, they are enjoyed for breakfast but mainly for dessert with sugar, syrup, or fruits.  Lines can be very long at popular locations.  Happy pancake and gram have locations right next to each other a block from our hotel,  Unfortunately, they dont open until 10am and we will need to check out by 11.


I continued the early mroning walk down Shinsaibashi Suji.  Its empty of shoppers and tourists but full of city workers and clean up crew.


Not a soul stirsnear the Glico man.  The last time I was here, the signboard was replaced with an LED sign.  Seems to have changed back


Began to make my way back to see if anyone else had awakened.  Noticed this Don Quijote is still open, must be a 24 hr location.  There is another along the bank but Im not sure of its hours


I picked these up because I wasnt sure if I would find them in Tokyo and this is the first I am seeing them


Par for the course, convenince store food for breakfast.  Im not complaining about the food because its good.  No one else gets up early enough to go out for a proper breakfast.  What?  Yes, its a corndog, sandwich, and a can of coffee


With the little time we had, we walked to a templein the Namba area.


I recognized this place because I had stayed at a Toyoko Inn and my bedroom window overlooked this lion(dragon) faced stage


Like so many, I got another bento for the 2 hr ride to Odawara.  I got this for the variety of items.  Everything was stellar from the first bite to the last