Sunday, June 10, 2018

Travelogue Japan-Arrival

Flew into a raining day in Tokyo.  Activated my JR Pass for the next day and took the Keikyu line into town.  Transferred at Shinagawa and got off at Tokyo  Stn.  This is a new location for the Toyoko Inn chain.




Just outside the Yeasu North exit.  I have to say that this room is pretty small.  It feels very crampped even for a Toyoko Inn location.  I barely have room to open up myn suitase without it getting in my way.  Luckily its for tonight, but I wll be returning in a few days and know what to expect.


I had originally thought about going down towards Hibiya park but not in this rain.  Instead I went to the underground sheltered ares of First Avenure.   Theres a branch of the Kit Kat Chocolatory at the adjacent Daimaru.  This is their newest item.








There are a good number of people here on a Sunday evening.    I thought about having ramen.  Saw the lines and thought not about it.  Next to Rokurinsha, checking out the new Kit Kat flavors.  Will have to pick up a few for souvenirs later.  





A couple of new shops that I didnt see last year.



Since ramen was off the table.  I walked into Matsuya, a fast food chain that serves curry, gyudon, etc. This one is 24hrs.  Good to know.  I had the curry rice 480 yen.  A little spicier than I expected but still tolerable.  Definitely tasted more like an indian curry than the japanese curry I expect from Coco Ichiban.  This would rank third after Gogo Curry.