Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Travelogue Tokyo-Day 4 Harajuku and Meguro

On the way back from wherever it was that I was at, I needed to get something at Daiso.  The closest and one of the larger ones is located in Takeshita dori at Harajuku


It was definitely crowded with shoppers and onlookers.  Theres alot of places to get sweets.  From crepes to candies, you have a wide choice.  The popular choice here is a large multicolored cotton candy.  A little different from the fluffs of pink we normally see. 

I saw this and wondered what it could be?  Frozen popcorn?  Popcorn treated with liquid nitrogen?  Nope, it was just flavored popcorn served over ice cream

After leaving Harajuku, I knew I would be passing by this area and knew of the sakura lined canal near the station

A number of bridges span the length of the canal.  The smaller bridge at the far end has their fair share of blossom viewers.  I take their picture as they take mine

Walking to the other side of this bridge, there is another bridge in the distance and the skyscrapers of Shibuya

Seems fewer people are taking my picture over there

Lamps along the walkway are lit during the evening hours to stroll after the sun has set


Some sakura with the background of the canal's green water

A full canopy of cherry blossoms reach across the the pathway and a gentle breeze to cause a petal fall