Thursday, April 6, 2017

Travelogue Tokyo-Day 5 Recon

Before heading to Tokyo station, I had to check off the takoyaki.  They were done just right with a crispy outside and hot gooeyness inside.  But not so hot that you wished you never had a mouth.  I went to Tokyo station because Im thinking about taking a bus to Fuji Q Highland the next day.  Got some literature and went to see that the ticket office opens at 6:00am.  I didnt buy the tickets right away.  Im going to see what the weather report is going to be like.  ON the Fuji Q webiste, a number of rides including Fujiyama were closed due to high winds 

I also wanted to scout out the new Toyoko Inn thats opening later this week.  Its just as close to Tokyo station as is the current one to Shinagawa station.  There will be some advantages to the new branch.  Tokyo is a better transportation hub.  Larger and better stocked department stores, at least 2 of them, are nearby.  Ramen Street can take the place of Shinatatsu.  Probably better options for night life than Shinagawa.  Major attractions near the area

If that wasnt enough, 1 block away, you can view this during the season

Later on, I went to a small supermarket that I ran into a visit or 2 back.  I wanted to see if they had the sliced white chocolate.  They didnt have it either.  Maybe Im too late or too early?

More sakura on the way back to the hotel

You cant swing a cat without hitting a cherry blossom of some sort

Even the metal plates on the sidewalks make reference to them

I have not seen the flavors on the last 2 before.  I am familiar with the regular and wasabi.  But the ume and shiso and salt and pepper are new to me

Royal Host is a family restaurant like Jonathons or Denny's.  They offer japanese takes on western foods as well as some japanese foods.  This one is very close to the hotel and the station.  As I walked here, I passed a TGIFridays.  I went to this one with friends on a previous visit.  There used to be a few more where I lived but a number of them closed down several years ago.  I was almost tempted to try it again.  Maybe when Im back home

When I was in Bangkok, portion control was easy since everything came in, what I could consider, the correct portions.  Not too small that Im left wanting but not too big that Im stuffed.  Well all that has gone out the door.  First plate has a bit of salad with a cream croquette and fried shrimp.  The rice has mushrooms with garlic.  Finally, the hamburg steak with bacon and onions in a brown sauce 

Passed by Shinatatsu while waddling back to my room

This place has a line very night.  Seems like spicey chinese noodles or something