Sunday, April 2, 2017

Travelogue Tokyo-Day 1 Arrival/Kanamara Festival

Fair warning, if you do not like to see penises, or peni??, or the faint of heart, do not read further.

You release me from any liablility by clicking on the link below.
I just flew in and boy is my penis tired(rimshot).  Had enough yet?  My flight came in early at 530 am.  I would be near Kawasaki on my way to the hotel.   It so happens that the Kanamara festival happens today in Kawasaki.  It celebrates the phallus.  The story goes that a demon with sharp teeth invaded a woman's vagina.  It will bite off anything that entered its new domicile.  A metal phallus was created and inserted.  This jawbreaker destroyed all of the demon's teeth and left.

Now it has been erected.   Stop playing with it! 

There are a numbers on sale that joyfully follows a ertain theme.  How would you like to get your lips around that and whet your whistle?

Of course, the most popular item are the multitude of penis themed candies.  I saw them loading boaxes and boxes before they matsuri got going.   I was doubtful when the organizers began making queues in fromt of the tent

I wonder if they dont scarves made with Thai silk with this type of pattern?

Now, there were 2 tables selling candies.  As attendance grew, I could see the lines start to stretch down the block and keep growing when I left.  Now these things are that cheap but the people love'em

 Eh, there not so big afterall

This has been going on for many years and its stll going strong.  The festival was just getting started and the crowds were still pouring in when Idecided I should drop off my luggage at the hotel.

Of course, what limited food that there was continued on the theme.  It had to be something on a stick or stick like.  Sausages were in affect.  Surprised no one was selling sausages and takoyaki with the thick dark suace dripping out.