Friday, April 7, 2017

Travelogue Tokyo-Day 6 Shibuya

I heard the wind blowing pretty hard last night.  Forecast had some rain and it turned out to be blustery in a few places.  So I opted out of Fuji Q and worked my way around the loop starting with Shibuya


I never knew where the sakuras were planted because they all seem like the same tree when they are dormant during the winter.

There are a few around the Hachiko statue at Shibuya station.  Many people lined up to get a picture

The skies above Hachiko are covered with pink blossoms of spring



Though there are a few people it pales in comparison to the number of those who will fill this intersection later this Friday evening when everyone lets out for the weekend

The kaiten sushi place is having a lunchtime special.  All 125 yen plates are reduced to 100 yen with 8 yen tax

I had california roll and ebi which are part of the special.  I also had kani miso which is crabmeat with innards.  It wasnt part of the special but quite nice

The place has just opened so everything is freshly made.  I know that nothing has been going around for a long time.

Kani mayo, artificial crab with mayonaise

I dont know why but Ive become infamous amongst my friends because of the mango pudding at this place.  Ive had a few in my time, but who hasnt

After that, I walked around the old haunts of past visits to the area like this okonomiyaki place.  A friend of a friend who lives in Japan brought us here one night for dinner

A Daiso and L&L.  Ive been to the Daiso but not to the L&L but I am familiar with the chain

The underground lair of the Shibuya Mandarake anime store

Center Gai entrance as I head back to the station and on to my next destination