Thursday, March 15, 2012

Travelogue-Seoul Departure/Tokyo Arrival

Today begins the second leg of this journey.  I guess that I didnt notice it before but one of the airport busses stops right in front of the hotel.  Thats another plus for this hotel.  I dont have to haul my luggage up and won the stairs.  There is anothher exit that is a bit easier on the hauler.  However, it doesnt beat just stepping outside.  I was up early and had enough excess time to try this out wihtout being rushed.  The bus takes at least 50% longer than the express train.  The cost was similar if yuou add the cost of the subway from Seoul Station to my hotel.  The fast route takes approx 1 hour total while the bus takes at least 1.5 hours in good traffic.  At the bottom of the post, there is a time-lapse video going from the hotel to the Han River

In the air, we are over one of the larger islands that surround the airport.  Laast time, I came and went with they grey weather.  Thgis time the sun was shining to and fro. 

I doeswnt look like its glowing down there.  We hit the east coast of Japan and procee3d to make one mother of a u-turn so we can be oriented correctly to the landing strip.  The anniversary of the quake and tsunami was only a few days ago.  Nerves were rattled when a 6.1 earthquake struck Japan last night.  A tsunami warning was also sounded


An hour through customes and another hour train ride in.  I succumbed to this ekiben that they were selling at my final station.  There were quite a few they were featuring for 2012

Much has not changed since last year except for one thing.  The construction in this area is done and theres a gleaming white building in its place.  Its called Super Hollywood and what else would this be but a pachinko parlor