Saturday, March 10, 2012

Travelogue-Arrival In Korea

First post of the new year and its long overdue  I have arrived in Korea and its been 2 years since myn\ last visit.  We are on final approach to Incheon International Airport.

As we breakout from some of the clouds, it seems to have been a sunny afternoon.  The land and the sea below us is eaily visible

The airport lies in the northwest corner of the country and has aq few islands around it.  There are alot of islands around Korea

At thbis time, I am passing through Incheon on my way to Seoul, but I will be making my way back hear as I will be spending a day and a half before returning home

Two years ago, you had to take the train  to Gimpo Airport then traqnsfer to the subway for the remainde3r of the distance.  It would take over an hour.  The transportation has imporved so that you could still take that option or take the express train to Seoul Station.  The transit time is reduced to 44 minutes.  The price difference is 10000won and is less frequent than the commuter train




Even with the improved service, night catches up to me while I transfer to the subwaqy at Seoul Station.  I will explore this area a bit more in the daylight.

For now, I want to make my way to my room.  I didnt get any sleep on the plane and Im starting to feel the affects of it.  As of this writing, it has been just over 24 hours since I woke up and its long past time to get back to sleep