Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Travelogue-Seoul Day 3, Daehakno

I ahd passed this area near Hyewa Station once before on the Seoul City Bus.  It looked interesting because there alot os shops areound.  As it turns out there is auniversity nearby as well.

This is the kind of area I was expecting when I went to Hongdae the day before.  The neighborhoods looked similar retail-wise but it felt very different.  I dont know if it was because it was later in the day but there were alot of people around compared to the the ghost town of the prior da\y.

I am reminded of parts of Shinjuku when I meandeered through  its streets and alleys.  Sometimes loud, sometimes brash, but always energetic.

There was definitely a better feel to it.  Aside from the shops, street venders were hawking food and goods.  An ungodly number of cafes kept the caffeine flowing.

After all, how bad can a place be if Gandalf the Great is watching over it.  However, there was some smoke coming out of the roof of a building near his post.  Emergency vehicles had a slow time of trying to get through the crowd and navigating the narrow passages