Monday, March 12, 2012

Travelogue-Seoul Day 2, Futile Part 1

Going in the wrong direction twice yesterday was bad enough.  Today I fared far worse than the day before.  The plane was to go to the area around Hongik University.  I imagine it would be a lively place with a number of inexpesive places to eat.  I followed some instructions I found on the internet.  The idea was to look around then grab lunch.  I arrived just after 10 and found the instructions to be useless.  I walked around and back and forth in the locale of the subway station.  There was a street line with shops, places to eat, and bars.  I wasnt sure if this was it.  There was no one around except for a few passersby.  Frustrated I went to plan B at the Kimchi Field Museum at the Coex Mall on the other side of town.  It took much longer than I expected.  My legs started to stiffen up and it wasgetting past 12:30.  It had been 5 hours since breakfast but I knew I had a lot of choices at the mall.  However, it was more than what I had bargained for.  I remembered the food court and a few other restaurants.  Turns out there were alot more restaurants than I remembered situated around the food court.  I was getting dizzy from looking at all the menus and different cuisines available.  I couldnt take it any more.  I happened on this place and just didnt care any more.  So, I went in.

It was a small buffet for 8000won.  I grabgbed a plate and put on what was available.  I didnt even think about taking a picture until my last plate, my fourht or fifth.  I ate enough for just as many meals.  I initially grabbed some shredded cabbage and dressing from the area next to the lettuces, jap chea, kimchi, onion pancakes(pajeon), and ladeled some kimchi and pork stew over rice.  There were other assorted porridges and soups available too.

Well before my last plate, seen below, they had brought out some swweet and sour pork at top.  My second tastey fish with some more kimchi and shredded cabbage with dressing.  Thankfully they didnt have any mandu or I would have burst.  As I finished my meal, a very pretty woman with a small build sat at a nearby table.  Her body was fit and she had on skinny jeans with a coat over a fluffy sweater.  When she removed her coat, you see what looked like a sport bra from the exposed portion around her neckline.  She was wearing baseball cap that covered her face, but you could make out her profile.  I dont know if I was fixated on her or if it was just the food coma taking over.  I wondered if she was a celebrity going incognito.  She was attractive enough I thought.  I didnt want to bother her as I ruminated over 2 bowls of cinnamin punch and left.

Walking around the maze like corridors and trying to follow some instructions from another internet source.  I was just about to give up when I found the yellow brick road.  The instructions aid to go toward the Megabox movie theater and aquarium.  It was well before that.  They wanted you to find the Asem pharmacy which was just around the corner from the 7-11.  If you followed the instructions, you would have passed it like I did.  I found it on the way back.  A set of escaltors take yout o the parking lot and the mueseum on B2, one flight down.  OMG!!  IT WAS CLOSED!!  That was it and I had it for the day.  Im going back to the room and rest.  I have enough food i n my belly to last me.  Part 2?  I doubt it.  Im going to get as mcuh rest as possible and try to do some better research on tomorrow's sightseeing