Thursday, March 27, 2014

Travelogue-Japan Day 8, Sunday Part 2

The feast continues in the shadows of NHK.  As I was saying, I have not even begun to eat as I make my way through the food court on a nice Sunday afternoon


 I have yet to satisfy my appetite for beef.  This stand had a large hunk of beef for sale.  Highly marbled but probably not wagyu


Unlike the other place, they were cooking up slices of beef on a teppanyaki.  An order included some chicken cooked the same way.




A nice full slice of beef.  Hot off the griddle and no large chunks of fat like the other place.  Too bad I didnt see this place first.


These people were promoting cabbage, that I believe were grown in their local area. 


What better way to promote it on a cool day than to make it into a soup with some miso, pork, and the cabbage.  It was a nice way to cut the grease from the meat servings and added a nice warming factor


The advertisement is for currywurst.  The guy is  cooking up sausages.  However, they are not what I thought they were going to be.  While I waited in line, the truth was revealed


The sausage's filling does not contain any curry.  After cooking up, ramming a stick in it, he sprinkles curry on the sausage.  I bought one anyway  


I think Ive had enough to eat but wanted to top it off with a little bit of sweet something.  Soft serve sounded good.  However, they were not selling soft serve.  It was more like hard squeeze.


Observing these guys work, they put a little cup into the contraption.  After placing a cone underneath it, they pull the lever and squeeze the contents out of the cup into the cone.


The first one I had tasted like pear and the it had an icey consistency.  It was very refreshing.  Intrigued, I tried the other one as well.


This was like a complete opposite experience.  This one had green flecks in it with a creamier texture.  I didnt know what flavor it was but it was good and closer to a soft serve.


Now that I have spent enough time, money, and stomach space in the food area, I proceed to NHK Studios to see whats going on.


  In the transition between the two areas, a number of activities are presented for interaction by the little wee ones.  Prizes were awarded and little trinkets given out.  There was a cow on display and a gentleman talking about said cow.  After the presentation, the kids were allowed up to milk a teet.


Beyond that, a number of families were milling about and a few patient people were waiting in line.  For the longest time, I could not figure out what they were waiting for.



Later, I saw them walking away from these booths with food.  Those queueing up here walked away with little bowls of ramen


Oden was the draw here.  Apparently, they were selling each serving for 100yen.  Maybe these were coming out of the kitchens of famous resautrants or from famous kitchens.  Whatever the case, each both had a specialty for a particular time slot.  If you missed out on something, theres no going back for it.  I wasnt sure what one booth was offering but I was not willing to wait another 45 minutes before the line would move.  Plus, Ive already had enough food to last me through dinner.


NHK has a self guided studio tour for a nominal fee.  The entrance is located where it says Studio Park.


Lastly, there was a performance stage.