Sunday, March 30, 2014

Travelogue, Japan Day 11, Chiba Part 2

Chiba borders the entire eastern side of Tokyo Bay.  As I ride west toward Tokyo, there are a number of inlets from the bay that run inland.


There is another popular stop along the line.  You can see it in the distance.  It is the mountain that you see but it is not Mt Fuji but another attraction that people around the world are familiar with



You may now begin to recognize Disneyland.  This is  the main line that brings tourists and Toyoites alike to the resort.  Disneysea is also in the vicinity but I know not where it is.


I had little to no interest of entering the park but just wanted to see the entrance.  Adjacent to this was a large gift shop so people can buy their souvenirs without having to pay to step foot inside.




Its Wednesday afternoon and the crowds are very light.  The weather is nice and warmer than previous days.  Yet there are no lines to get in.  I imagined this place would always be full of attendees waiting to get in.



Back on the train as the distance between the resort and myself begin to expand.  From this angle we can see castle.  I forget if its Sleeping Beauty's or Cinderella's castle  Its an iconic structure in all Disney parks and part of the logo for Disney Films


Yet again another ferris wheel.  I am unfamiliar with this one.  But there are large ferris wheels on Odaiba and at Yokohama.  We also saw the other ferris wheel on the train ride to Nagoya.


Back at Shinagawa Station and I head down to Shinatasu to have a late lunch at Setagaya.


I select my usual dish here.


As described before on other trips, the soup stock is thick and viscous.  Very different from most ramen soups but not much different than tsukemen dipping soup.  But, the noodles and soup are served together.  Big pieces of bambo, sliced green onions, and some nice pieces of pork.


These are not ramen noodles either.  Wider with a bit more chew than the type I favor in ramen, the thick soup grabs on nicely to each strand that you bring up to your mouth.  I love to dump in some chopped onions before tucking in.  Its going to be an early day as I need to start packing for the return trip the next day.  I would still have time tomorrow, but I prefer to start now.  That way, if I forget something, I will still have time to pack it or buy it pack it.  Plus, if everything gets stowed away today, it frees up more time for me to get some last minute sightseeing done before hopping on the train to the airport