Monday, August 31, 2009

Travel And Food

Places I want to travel to must have food I like to eat. I do like japanese food, obviously. Part of the travel experience encompasses eating the local foods. And, you got to eat something. Its more enjoyable when you can stomach what they eat on a daily basis. I tend to rank places I want to go to according to the cuisine. I have been to Japan, England, Hong Kong, and France. I have been to Vancouver as well but they didnt seem to have a distinct style of food. Some of the places I would still like to visit are Germany, Italy, Vietnam, Thailand. Other places that are low on my list include India and many parts of Africa.

However, in the ever shrinking world, you can find foods that you are familiar with if you find nothing appealling. Fast food chains are dotted around the world in most countries. Supermarkets nowadays tend to have a much broader reach when it comes to the items that they stock. But, the fast food chains tend to cater to the tastes of the geographical areas they reside in. Watch out for the live octopus burger at a Korean McDonalds or a Kentucky Fried Camel at a KFC in the Middle East.