Tuesday, August 18, 2009

For Lunch-Truly Mediterranean

I stopped this little place for lunch today. I havent been here in quite a while. Before, I enjoyed their shawarma and falafel sandwiches. The falafels come in regular and deluxe, deluxe having eggplant and potatoes. The shawarmas come in lamb/beef and chicken, the latter available only on Tuesdays and Fridays.
Since its Tuesday, they have the chicken roasting on the spit in place of what is usually beef and lamb. It looks delicious. I had to stop myself from wanting to pinch a taste. I got there as they were opening so it wasnt even really cooked yet. Those three little hotdog looking thngs on the far left are the kefta kababs that I ordered

Today I chose the kefta kabab, a mixture of ground beef and lamb. Its rolled in lavosh with onions, tomatoes, and tahini. They also have lamb and chicken kabab. The sandwich goes for a quick roll on the grill before being served