Friday, August 28, 2009

For Lunch-La Corneta

Once again I find ourselves at a mexican restaurant for lunch. Work is located near the Mission District where there is a high concentration of hispanic restaurants, groceries, bakeries, and stores. Located on Mission St between 23rd and 24th St. We often refer to it as the yellow place because of the bright facade.
Inside, they have a spacious dining area with a skylight that made for a nice cool space on a very warm day. You line up at the counter to place your order. Layed out in front of you is the grill and all the ingredients needed to make whatever is listed on the menu.
It has been a while since I last ate here and it took me a while to decide. I went back to an old standby that I used to order alot here, the quesadilla suiza. Included is your choice of meat. The range includes your usual favorites like chile verde, carne asada, pollo asada, etc. I have been in a pork mood as of late whenever I dine mexican. So, I had the al pastor, grilled marinated pork. There was quite a bit of cheese that drowned out the flavor of the pork. It was good but I was hoping for more. I requested spicy but also missed the mark