Saturday, September 5, 2009

Travelogue-Philly

Captain's logue, stardate...Sorry, just channeling my inner Captain Kirk. I am on the second leg of my flight to Philadelphia departing from Denver. I wasnt sure I was going to be on this flight. The flight that originally left the city was delayed an hour. That hour being the cushion before this flight takes off. I have not travelled/flown much in my life. In all the times that I have flown, this is only the third time that I needed a connecting flight. The workers at the counter were sounding very optimistic that we would be able to make it to Denver in plenty of time to make on board to Philly. I was not so confident as time ticked away and we still had not boarded. I was fortunate enough to get a seat in the first aisle on the flight to Denver. Im starti8ng to get used to all the legroom. On my last flgiht, my trip to Japan, I was able to reserve an exit row seat, roundtrip. Ten minutes remained as we pulled into the gate. After the plane came to a stop, I jetted out of the plane, down the gangway, and straight to the first counter to get information on which gate I needed to hurry to. Info recieved and processed. Found the gate and liesurely boarded with the expectations of finding a full plane expe t for the other passengers who were bearing down on the plane. To my surprise, there were many seats in to choose from. I found a window seat with an empty seat between myself and fellow passenger. The previous flight was full. So, now I can relax until we land.

Con't
I made it into Philly. Im staying near the airport for the night. I got to my motel, although my GPS kept wanting me to drive into a guarded parking lot. Its getting late here, 12:15am, to tired to look for dinner. Til tommorrow