Monday, September 14, 2009

New camera from Canon, Powershot S90

A while back, I was contemplating upgrading my current camera. First on my mind was the Panasonic Lumix LX3. Second was the Canon G10. The scarcity of the LX3 has made it hard to find in stock almost anywhere you look. Then Canon released the G11 just recently. I am a Canon loyalist but the LX3 really made me reconsider. I liked all the features that were available in this compact prosumer unit. The only downside was its lack of a decent zoom. The new Powershot S90 was introduced to compete directly against the successful LX3. It has alot of the same features and is comparable in most ways. I will be checking review sites to see how they stack up to each other. If favorable, the Canon is slightly cheaper and should not have the supply backlogs.

I want this to be the last camera I buy.